Saturday, July 02, 2011

Eva playing games on Cole's phone at Grandpa's!
My father's dad, Eugene Porter, passed away Wednesday, June 14.  I took the kids down for the viewing at my dad's house in Mesa where I got to see my siblings and cousins.  We spent Monday playing, swimming, and visiting with family.
Visiting Great G. Peterson after swimming w/ Lin's family.
Maren climbing at the park.


Eva on slide.
Duncan checking out huge tree!























My cousins at cemetery.

The next weekend, Royce and I drove up to La Verkin, Utah for Grandpa Porter's funeral. We enjoyed the siblings' remembrances of Grandpa and my dad's testimony, as well as Grandma Mitchell's testimony and words of love to her kids and Lou's kids.  I had a wonderful time visiting with extended family at my Uncle Sandy and Aunt Deanna's home afterwards.
Uncles Scott, Sandy, Ed; Cousins Rachel, Jesse.
Dad and kids.

All my dad's siblings and spouses.



Posing at uncle's house.
Hanging out at U. Sandy's.




The day after the funeral we hiked the Lower Emerald Pool trail in Zion's with Dad and Kari.  Then they left for Vegas, and we hiked down to the Virgin River and played in the cold, cold water for a couple hours until we had to head home.





1 comment:

Traci said...

Love the pictures! I'm sorry about your Grandfather, but I am glad you got to spend so much time with family. We love you guys and can't wait to see you! ♥